Khan Academy – NCLEX-RN
Did you know that the Khan Academy has an NCLEX-RN Test prep section? According the the Khan Academy website, the content has been “created under the direction of Khan Academy and has been reviewed under the direction of the the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN).” Content is organized by body systems, then into subsets within each system, then into individual lessons.
For example, the Circulatory Systems Diseases section contains the following among its listings:
- cardiac dysrhythmias and tachycardias
- cyanotic heart diseases
Within the vasculitis subsection are individual lessons: Buerger disease, polyarteritis nodosa, and Kawasaki disease are three examples.The Renal System Physiology section includes subsections like Renal System Introduction and Renal regulation of blood pressure with individual lessons such as Renin production in the kidneys and Aldosterone and ADH.
In addition to the individual lessons, there is a section of NCLEX-RN practice questions:
- “Atherosclerotic plaque is causing narrowing of your blood vessels.”
- “High blood pressure is damaging the delicate lining of your arteries.”
- “Your immune system is overreacting and causing damage to the vessel walls.”
- “Your platelets are extra sticky so they form lots of clots in the blood vessels.”